After chatting with Billy and hearing about what does, I had to bring him onto the Path Hunters podcast. We chatted about many things for the podcast, how to get our of your comfort zone, how to be courageous, how to be authentic and so much more!
Billy was 5 years old his mom heard him crying in his room. She asked what was wrong and he said “You’re born, you live for a while, and then you die. What’s the point?”
It took him years to answer that question. Now he helps other people figure out their “point” and live a life that’s true to them.
But years ago, Billy felt stuck. Stuck in a career that looked good on paper but wasn’t fulfilling. He dreaded Mondays and couldn’t wait for Fridays. However, he wasn’t willing to accept that his life had to be like this.
Billy finally found the courage to stop doing what the world told him he “should” do. Instead, he defined his own version of success and went after it. He left his successful advertising career – people thought he was nuts – and moved into the woods to lead wilderness adventures for Outward Bound, while leading volunteer projects in Central America and the South Pacific during the winter.
Billy is the founder of The Courage Crusade and author of “Your Comfort Zone Is Killing You.” He is a professional coach and keynote speaker.
Billy also finds time to get WAY out of his comfort zone so he can grow his courage “muscle”. He has jumped out of an airplane exactly 101 times. He has traveled to over 40 countries including trekking in the Himalayas, running with the Bulls in Spain, and swimming with sharks in South America. He has been a sugar-cane farmer in Costa Rica, an apple picker in New Zealand, and a fundraising director for UNICEF.
Billy knows what makes him tick. He understands the importance of courage in not allowing his fears to hold him back. In fact, he is scared of the exact same things you are: failure, looking stupid, not being liked.
What to do if you’re in a corporate 9-5 job and feeling frustrated and not happy with where you are in life.
Billy explains that there are 2 main components – getting clear and taking actions. He mentioned that everyone needs to give themselves permission to get more clear. Aligning your values.
Step 1) Finding clarity on your values that way you have a better idea of taking the next steps. Billy mentioned that there is a Free value assessment to find out what your values are.
Step 2 ) Once you find your values you need to take action that aligns with your values.
Billy’s story when he was in the corporate world.
Similar to myself Billy mentioned that he wasn’t happy with his corporate job and the thought of himself spending another 5 years at this job was not a great feeling for him, so he had to make a change to his life.
Why do some people would not leave a relationship even though they know it’s a bad relationship or something similar.
People tend to be too comfortable with the current situation they have because within our make up this is built into us from the primal days of early humans where being a part of a tribe, group or pack was better than leaving into the unknown which signifies danger.
Grab yourself a copy, click here.
I really enjoyed chatting with Billy about so many things I’ve been passionate about lately and excited to dive more into his book.
Thank you so much Billy for coming onto the podcast. I’m grateful for the opportunity.
You may also like these episodes:
Get excited about a new ebook I’ve been working on. It’s about overcoming adversities through my own personal experiences. I believe in adversities being our greatest teachers, I share my stories about being laid off twice, being in a car crash, being held at gun point and so much more!
Join the Path Hunters Tribe to get notified of when it’s coming out!
Click here to join!
Foursigmatic – Promoted by Tim Ferriss and one product that I use personally, mushroom coffee is an amazing product that only contains 40mg of caffeine (Starbucks americano grande size contains 150mg) but still gives you that mental focus, and how it’s done is through the chaga mushrooms and lions mane. Check it out and use the promo code Pathhunters and get 10% OFF your order!
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Let me or Billy know! One of the best ways is to leave a 5-Star iTunes Review ?
- Awesome Podcast!!September 18, 2018 by Brooke Craven from United States
Paul, host of The Path Hunters Podcast, highlights all aspects of entrepreneurship, digital nomads and more in this can’t miss podcast! The host and expert guests offer insightful advice and information that is helpful to anyone that listens!
- Paul shares everythingAugust 6, 2018 by payjo08 from United States
Great guests and Paul has solo episodes that are even more awesome.
- Awesome Guests, Awesome HostJanuary 10, 2018 by kaboudbsas from United States
Paul has an energy and an interview style that's easy going and laid back, but the interviews are always in-depth, introspective, and informative. Definitely worth a listen if you're an entrepreneur, nomad, or someone who aspires to be.
- Two words.........July 26, 2017 by Melvedere from United States
Game Changer! I listened to episode 88 with Sean Croxton and my mind was blown. Paul has an enthusiasm and love for what he does and you can feel it as soon as he speaks. Great stuff my friend, continue blazing that trail and living your dream, while helping everyone live their dreams. And to the fellow path hunters, best of luck to you and your journey. MJ
- Honest and transparentMay 9, 2017 by LukusMaximus from Canada
Paul is an awesome guy! After meeting him in person after his stint in Chiang Mai, Paul is sincere when he says he wants help people change their lives. The podcast is always full of interesting conversations and I can honestly say I've made a friend for life. Keep it up dude! - Luke Benjamin Thomas (TMD Show)
- Passionate host and knowledgable guestsApril 18, 2017 by Danny Flood from United States
This show features tons of killer, in-depth interviews with real digital nomads out there big things! Highly recommended listening to this podcast just to see what's possible!
- Love the Transparent aspectMarch 22, 2017 by BigThom1 from United States
Love that you are transparent in this aspect, we all go thru stuff...
- Great stuff!March 15, 2017 by Jamie | YourBestManager.com from Canada
Paul brings on great guests and is so dialed in to his niche. This show is inspiring, but also practical. Enjoy!
- Yeah! Paul is just getting started... can't wait to see what happens nextMarch 15, 2017 by Chris Guillebeau from United States
I really enjoyed being a guest on The Path Hunters Podcast. Paul has a ton of energy and I'm excited to see what he does next with the show!
- New listener!March 15, 2017 by Akp11111119999 from United States
Just found your show and I love it. Keep it up!
- So happy I found this podcast!March 7, 2017 by Karileed from United States
This podcast is fantastic. The interviews are amazing and Paul gives such great advice for overcoming any obstacles that are in the way of your dreams. Keep up the great work!
- Inspirational and InsightfulNovember 26, 2016 by JeremyEnns from Canada
Paul puts out such consistently great episodes that are both entertaining, and inspirational. The guests are awesome, and Paul asks some really great questions, leading to some superb conversations!
- Paul Lam is a passionate guyOctober 23, 2016 by ScarTown416 from Canada
I met Paul through a mutual friend and ever since we met it's been all love. This guy is genuine and sincere. I've been listening to his Podcast ever since. How he speaks through his podcast, is how he is in real life. Paul's podcast is extremely motivational and wants you to accomplish more in life. Unleash the inner beast!!!
- Fantastic Energy and Message ProvidedOctober 13, 2016 by Summoner: AidenOlia from United States
Paul has only in a short amount of time created a fantastic platform. I have thoroughly enjoyed his podcasts! One thing that I have enjoyed is that he has a nice mix of both long and short podcasts that each have a great nugget of useful information. I am excited to see where the podcast goes and seeing how Paul grows as an entrepreneur and as a podcaster!
- Raw and TransparentAugust 18, 2016 by FilipOnItunes from United States
Paul covers many of the typical hang-ups and struggles everyone faces when they're looking to redefine who they are. He shares his thoughts freely and comfortably as if you were having a conversation with a friend in a coffee shop. Definitely a podcast to listen to if you're tired of over-produced / hyped-up shows that don't seem real.
- Unleash the beast!August 17, 2016 by Shawn Manaher from United States
This podcast will really unleash the beast for path hunters/entrepreneurs. Your podcast will help a lot of people still finding their path on the road to entrepreneurship. Sharing your goals and commitment to listeneters are a great way to relate to your listeners, too. Way to go Paul!
- EnergizingAugust 4, 2016 by Songbird54 from United States
I love the enthusiasm of this host. It is infectious and motivating. Great job!
- Motivating!August 3, 2016 by mikewchan from United States
Sometimes you need motivation to get you going, and this show gives you that push to achieve great things. Excellent interviews with great guests, and this will definitely help you overcome any hurdles in your way!
- Great qualityAugust 3, 2016 by Whole Being Inc from United States
Paul has a good voice, high quality sound, love the content!
- Excellent podcast!July 23, 2016 by Kiwipina from New Zealand
Have loved how motivating, encouraging and interesting this podcast has been so far! Love how it's been made for entrepreneurs and digital nomads 🙂
- WowJuly 20, 2016 by Bigjolten6655 from Canada
Hey you really changed my life. I want to go out and experience new things and this was the push I needed
- InspirationalJuly 20, 2016 by Haeadsoccer from Canada
You changed my life for real
- RefreshingJuly 14, 2016 by Ninja24221789 from Canada
Thanks Paul for helping me keep a positive outlook, I can feel your energy through your podcast. Best of luck!
- Forget Joel Osteen!July 8, 2016 by tonyftnguyen from Canada
I use to listen to Joel Osteen in the car on my way to work. Now, knowing that a good friend of mine is pouring his heart and soul to allow others to experience their true potential, makes listening to this refreshing podcast better. To be completely honest, I don't know Paul as much as I'd like to - but through these podcasts I'm starting to see that he's full of drive and definitely paving a path for not only himself, but ultimately for others. Keep it up Paul!!!
- Great energy good storiesJuly 4, 2016 by nvsnapp from United States
Paul is making it happen and he's very transparent with his practical content. I enjoyed listening to his broadcast and look forward to further engaging topics in the future!
- Awesome PodcastJuly 3, 2016 by Blevan431 from Canada
Excellent Podcast, very insprational and delievered with passion!
- Just what I neededJuly 2, 2016 by CassandraBrumz from Canada
Thanks Paul!! I've been running out of motivation as of late and this is just what I needed to pick me back up. Great listen, thanks for sharing!!
- Go for it!July 1, 2016 by minijocelyn from Canada
Lots of variety so far, really relatable and so positive. Thanks Paul! Let's all go for it 🙂
- Simply amazingJuly 1, 2016 by tee.kay.why from Canada
Motivating, inspiring, passionate, just simply amazing. Feeling that positive energy, thanks! Keep it up!
- Paul is amazing and he's only going to growJuly 1, 2016 by FrozenTrinit from Canada
Amazing podcast, I can only see Paul growing more and more as time progresses. Great job !
- Loved finding this!July 1, 2016 by Rllowe7 from United States
The Path Hunters podcast is kickass! SO many gems even in just a few minutes.
- InspirationalJuly 1, 2016 by Phanner1 from Canada
I'm glad you're following your heart and doing what you love. All the best
- Awesome Podcast!July 1, 2016 by ¥€£¥ from United States
Listened to all the podcasts! “Chasing Your Dreams & Passion” is by far my favorite. Great motivational speaker, keep pursuing your dreams! 10/10 highly recommend listening to!
- How refreshingJune 30, 2016 by jonnydeacon.com from United Kingdom
Finally a podcast that has depth in conversation and not the cookie cutter approach like so many in this space. More please.
- WowJune 30, 2016 by Andrey Zhur from Canada
The guy really knows what he is talking about. Very inspirational!!!
- Keep it comingJune 30, 2016 by Morgstar77 from Canada
Great stuff, interested in hearing more of what this man has to say
- Great listen !!June 30, 2016 by Kingkongpho from Canada
Wonderfully inspirational. Love listening during my weekly routine. Always make time for it.
- SO AMAZING!!June 29, 2016 by Hdstvpgcfichn from Canada
This is one of the best Inspirational Podcast I've ever heard! I love it so much and hope you give it a try to see for yourself!
- SUCH A GOOD PODCASTJune 29, 2016 by Franci06 from Canada
I love listen to podcasts and this one doesn’t disappoint me!!! Love the content!! great Job!
- uber inspiringJune 29, 2016 by Croutuan from Canada
I stumbled across your podcast as I followed one of your interviewees. You have great energy and your approach in getting out some great information that I'm sure will be uber valuable to your listeners!
- AwesomeJune 28, 2016 by Mohanxu from Canada
Motivated me to get started and actually changed my life. Paul's just a genuine great guy, great personality and someone that isn't afraid to chase his dreams. I'm so proud of you paul, keep it up! Really appreciate you brother! You can do this!
- Excellent!June 28, 2016 by VitalyPecherskiy from Canada
Love Paul's passion - very energizing!
- PAUL LAM HAS ARRIVED!!June 28, 2016 by wiggity1000 from Canada
The energy, the passion, the enthusiasm - it's the REAL deal! Loving the episodes so far, keep the momentum going strong brother. Keep inspiring us with your light and message. - Jay
- Love itJune 28, 2016 by Greddyboy from Canada
Amazing podcast, with purpose and passion
- Just what I was looking forJune 28, 2016 by The Insider14Z from Canada
I've been looking for an inspirational podcast like this one and Paul, totally relate to your story. Thanks for creating this!