The Art Of Vagabonding
Alright you beautiful path hunters out there, today I have a special guest in the building! He is a writer, photographer, adventurer and vagabond. His bio is amazing. He is the master of handstand pushup. Conqueror of mountains, survivor of deserts and crusader for cheap escapades. Will has been travelling the world on an extreme budget for nine years will blogs over at The Broke Backpacker about his $10 a day adventures. He is such a fun person to connect with. Really real, and just straight up an awesome guy.
Will explains the importance of niching down on an untapped market instead of focusing on a market that has multiple competition. An example that he gave was travel blogs was a tough market to get into as there are so many travel blogs right now.
He believes that focusing on a market that has less competition and if you’re able to be one of the first one to be in that market you’ll able to establish yourself as an authority as well is key.
5 great tips on how to get started.
- Figuring out ways to save money by reducing on your daily coffees, cigarette packs, drinking. Will explains that cutting back on these simple things will go a long way and will help you stay on the road longer.
- Have a game plan – learn what’s important, do the networking before hand, figuring out how to connect with people who are in the same business as you, and then understanding what kind of value you can provide them.
- Research & figure out your niche – smaller niches are better than doing something that has a lot of competition, niching down and focusing on a small market will allow you to establish your piece of the pie, and you’d be come a leader in the market if you’re one of the first ones to do it.
- Take the road less traveled – usually going the unconventional approach in your business is the best way, as not alot of people are doing it, and that leaves less competition and more room to scale your business.
- Finding what your passion is. Once you find what you’re passionate about you can then figure out how to get paid for it to sustain your travel lifestyle.
I really enjoyed having this chat with Will as he gave so much information and insights on how to tackle business and how to make it around your travel lifestyle as well. I’ve learnt a lot from him and then even taken the time to focus on what is a Path Hunter and what niche it’s in.
So for the Path Hunters podcast is mainly focused on the process of unfulfilled, frustrated working individuals to become path hunters, seekers of one’s purpose, hunter of one’s own path in life.
Thank you so much my friend for coming onto the podcast.
I’m excited to connect with you, and see how your journey unfolds.
What You Will Discover In This Episode.
- Mindset of a vagabond
- Tips on how to approach business in a different way
- And so much more!
If you enjoyed this episode, you’re going to enjoy: